Welcome to Spending Done Right! A blog and financial tools website that will help you follow along with me on my journey to financial independence. I urge you to check out the “Where did it start?” page here to learn where I started from. (Hint: Pretty flat broke) Then check out the latest blog post here to see where I am today.
Also, feel free to get in contact with me, I always reply to email. Make sure to sign up for our free weekly newsletter so that you never miss a post or important update again!
Finally, make sure to check out my YouTube channel here. Enjoy the site and I look forward to helping you better your financial reality!
My name is Ryan and I write and edit the entirety of Spending Done Right. I am 25 years old and have been on the path to FI since approximately April of 2018. There have been numerous setbacks and I haven’t made much progress, but I have stopped the downward slide. So overall I’m happy with my progress so far! I do have a couple of goals that I want to accomplish however:
1. Have an emergency fund with $2,000 in it by December 2019
2. Make $1000 of passive income by January 2020
3. Either increase my income or acquire new side income worth $1000 a month by January 2020
4. Pay off all of my student loan debt (look above for the current total) by January 2023
5. Be worth $1,000,000 by February 2034 (my 40th birthday)